Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012

Flying Lessons

Hi Mrs Amri's class!

I am on Langeoog again.
Today I went to the beach for the first time.
See me flying in the strong wind!


I had a look over the wide, wide sea and took a good breath of wilderness!

We made a long walk along the beach and I met some friendly seagulls. We had a good chat about fishing here. I'll try it tomorrow, I think.

On our way we passed the national park area. There were some boards to explain the tourists the landscape, the plants and the animals, they could see here.
One board was very interesting to me. It told about the marsh harrier, a remote relative of mine. It shows the art of flying, in which the male marsh harrier tries to impress his female.


You see, he is going up very high and then falling down, head first, spiraling a little bit and flying a loop.
"That's easy for a bald eagle", I laughed.
"Ok", said Mrs Schicke. "Try it. Show me!"

So I went up VERY high and then fell down, head first.

   
I flew belly down and belly up.



I even tried some spirals and some loops.



After all that I felt -  rather sick.



That's no way for a bald eagle to fly!
In this way I would never impress a female bald eagle!!

The only thing she would think about me would be, that I possibly never had learned to fly properly...

2 Kommentare:

  1. Dear Eduardo,
    You will be able to fly like that! Keep on trying! Have fun flying, Eduardo!
    One day you will be able to fly like the marsh harrier on the poster. Practice makes better.
    From, Mrs. Amri's Class

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Mrs. Amri's class,

      I promise, I'll try each day a little bit,
      but flying belly up is really hard work!
      Eagles prefer to glide on the wind as elegant as possible.

      Tomorrow I'll be on the road again - going to Göttingen!
      Have a look at the map for that.

      Love,
      Eduardo

      Löschen