Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012

In Search for Springtime

Hi Mrs Amri's class!

"Carnival" is for chasing the winter away.
That was yesterday.
So, today should be springtime in Braunschweig.


I begged Mrs Schicke for looking for the spring.

It MUST be somewhere! 

And really - we found it!
We went to the botanical garden and saw

 Palm trees


Palm trees?? No, of course not. 
It is curley kale, a vegetable, which is very famous in the North of Germany during winter. The traditional dish is potatoes, a LOT of curley kale and "Bregenwurst" (which also is named "pinkel" ), a very special kind of sausage, which in earlier times contained pork's brain. 
I would like that, because I am an eagle, but Mrs Schicke don't. 
Today it is just a sausage made with a special recipe. 




Then we went on and found

Snowdrops (Schneeglöckchen)


and winter aconites (Winterlinge)


I think they look funny- everyone wears a little green collar under his yellow head.

Then we passed a sequoia tree and I got homesick a little bit.
I took place on one of its branches and had a rest until I felt better.
I love the smell of the sequoia tree.


At last we saw a witch hazel (Zaubernuss).

Look at these wonderful blossoms!
And now I know, springtime has come!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen